Friday, May 8, 2015

Why Make a Blog?

First and foremost, I want to establish why I've decided to create this blog. There are certain things in life that you really want to be prepared for, and yet, can never truly be ready for. Jaw surgery is one of those things. In anticipation of my surgery, I've spent hours and hours online, reading blogs and trying to find people who have been through what I'm about to go through. There are so many little details and implications of jaw surgery that you need to know in order to make the process go as smoothly as possible. Even after collecting all of the information that you can, completing all of the activities on your to-do list, and buying all of the stuff that you're going to need, you still probably won't feel ready. I've come to the conclusion that you can't ever truly feel ready for someone to cut into your face. I never found someone with quite the same situation that I have, so I can only hope that this blog will be a resource to people with situations similar to mine, to give them hope and optimism for their own journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment