Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 1

The first day post-op was pretty hazy for me as well. Still, definitely not fun. I had nasoparyngeal airways (tubey things, as my mom called them) in both nostrils because there's no way I would've been able to breathe through my mouth, and they needed to make sure I could breathe through my nose. They took those out in the morning, as well as the catheter that I had in (weird). I had a few visitors come see me but I don't remember much.

The worst part of my stay was when I didn't have Nurse Sue. The other nurses weren't nearly as great as she was. In fact, when I was having a panic attack on Friday because I felt like a couldn't breathe, they said the monitors are showing that I'm getting enough oxygen and I just need to calm down. They did absolutely nothing. Not cool.

Friday night I was able to get up and go for a little walk around the hallways and told Sue about my wedding plans and showed her a picture of my dress. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment