Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 2- Going Home

Day two, it was time to go home. I got to take another stroll around the hallways in the morning. Sue had changed my into my clothes the day before. So all they really had to do was take out my IV. Like I said, I was pretty out of it for the first few days, so I don't remember too much about that morning. They pushed me to the car in a wheel chair and we were on our way home.



It was time for me to inhabit the recliner where I've lived for the whole first week following surgery. It was also time for BOOST. All. the. time.
Nutrients are super important because you aren't eating anything and are no longer hooked up to fluids, so you can go downhill really fast.
I can only eat through a syringe, 2oz at a time. I stick the little beveled edge of the tube back into my cheek and slurp in the goodness. Its very dehumanizing and messy, but it's all ya get at this point.
Aside from Boost, I drink apple juice, water, and chicken broth.

My brother visited with my nephew Saturday night which really helped me take my mind off things for a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment