Wednesday, May 13, 2015

List of Things I Purchased for Recovery (Updated)

Here is the list of things I got for recovery:


  • Small humidifier/vaporizer with mask (to help me breathe and keep my mouth/lips moist)
  • Protein Shakes
  • Baby utensils (for when I start eating soft foods)
  • Non-alcoholic mouthwash
  • Bed Buddy ice/hot pack
  • Dry-Erase board (for communicating)
  • Sleep Mask (for sleeping in the hospital)
  • Tissues with Lotion
  • Nasal Decongestant
  • Saline Nose Spray
  • Face wipes
  • Baby toothbrushes
  • Baby washcloths (for my sensitive post-surgery face)
  • Aquaphor (to keep my lips/face moisturized)
  • Thank You cards (for all the people that are going to be taking care of me!)
I will update this post to let you know what I actually used and if there is anything else I wind up buying or wish I would've had!

Update:

So I wound up using pretty much everything I bought! The only thing I didn't wind up needing at all was the sleep mask. I had a private room and was on lots of medications so I was pretty much knocked out the whole time. The hospital gave me Saline spray and a nasal decongestant (like Afrin) so I didn't really need to buy them but I used my own Afrin spray anyway. The baby washcloths weren't really necessary, but I used them because I had them.

The things I used most were the protein shakes (obviously), my little handheld vaporizer, my Bed Buddy, and my dry erase board.

No comments:

Post a Comment