Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The End of an Era...

I never thought this day would come. Surgery was months away, and all of a sudden here I am, the night before surgery, preparing for my life to change forever. I've been so anxious and scared leading up to this point, but I managed to find peace today. I'm ready for this surgery.

Of course, the main reason I am getting this procedure is for my health, to ensure a lifetime of proper breathing and snore-less nights. But let's be honest...everyone that knows me knows that I have been self-conscious about my smile for a very long time. For years, I wished that I could change the way that I look, so I could just be confident and comfortable with my face and my smile. However, I don't regret waiting to get this surgery. The way I look, and more so my low self-esteem about the way I look, has made me the person that I am today. And for that, I am grateful.

I know that everyone will have their opinions about me having this surgery. But all I can say is, how often do you have the opportunity to change something that you really don't like about yourself? God has blessed me with this crazy and amazing opportunity, and I'm putting it in His hands. He aligned the stars for me in this situation, and I trust that everything is going to turn out the way it is supposed to.

So take a good look at this face, the face that I've had for the past twenty years, because tomorrow, it's going to change forever...for the better! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment