Thursday, May 21, 2015

Surgery Day

The day of surgery, we arrived at the hospital at 10:00 AM to prep for surgery at noon. I used the bathroom, got changed, and they started an IV. A few people, including my surgeon, stopped by to talk with me before surgery. I said goodbye to my loved ones and was on my way...


Five hours later, I woke up and the surgery was over. I was pretty out of it for the rest of the day, but it was NOT a good day. I felt very sick and swollen. There was blood in my stomach that I threw up in the middle of the night (all over myself). Fortunately, I was blessed to have my mom and Corey with me the whole time, as well as the best nurse ever, Nurse Sue. She was so awesome and took such good care of me.


When all was said and done, I'd had:
  • Arch bars put on
  • Lefort I Osteotomy (upper jaw surgery)
  • Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy (lower jaw surgery)
  • Genioplasty (chin surgery)
  • Septoplasty and Turbinectomy

No comments:

Post a Comment