Saturday, May 9, 2015

Pre-Operative Appointment

Yesterday, I had my official pre-operative appointment with my surgeon. They took new x-rays and my surgeon took lots of measurements and notes. I also gave the surgeon my models, which he will use to perform a mock surgery on my jaws prior to real thing. Here are some more fun facts:

  • I have lip incompetence, which means my lips don't close at rest. It takes some effort to pull my lower lip up to my upper lip.
  • My jaws are crooked. My top jaw is higher on the right side than the left.
  • Because my top jaw is crooked, so is my bottom jaw. Because my bottom jaw is crooked, it pops on the right side.
  • My nose curves slightly to the right.
  • My right cheek is slightly weaker than my left.
  • My face is slightly concave because my top jaw grew long instead of outward. 
  • My face is disproportional:
    • Ideally your face has three equal sections: Forehead=nose=lower face.
    • My forehead and nose are just about equal, but my lower face is about 2cm longer.
Now....drum roll please...here is my official diagnosis:
  • Maxillary Hyperplasia
  • Maxillary Asymmetry
  • Angle's Class III (not really sure what this is)
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Macrogenia
  • Other Jaw Asymmetry
  • Dentofacial func. abnorm;unspec.
And my surgical procedures:
  • Maxillary LeFort I Osteotomy with graft
  • Mandibular Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy
  • Mandibular Anterior Sliding Osteotomy
  • Two Oral Surgical Splints

No comments:

Post a Comment